1. I got up and took a shower
2. fed the boys breakfast
3. put Lincoln down for a nap
4. cleaned and picked up my house
5. did two loads of laundry
6. packed our lunch and headed to the YMCA
7. watched Isaac’s soccer lesson
8. ate lunch after soccer
9. swam at the indoor pool with the 3 boys
10. came home and got the boys a snack
11. cleaned out the van
12. put ALL the boys down for a nap (ahhh…)
13. cleaned Warren’s office…if this was my only accomplishment of the day it would have been a good day! Most you know what Warren’s office usually looks like, but for those of you who don’t, this was no small undertaking! I wanted to do something special for him, something more than just putting a candy bar on his desk. I wanted it to take more thought and effort. It took me nearly two hours, but I was very happy with the end result. I wrote him a note and stuck it on his computer monitor. I closed the door and waited anxiously for him to come home.
14. I even had time for a 20 minute nap before Lincoln woke up.
15. I made tacos for dinner
16. cleaned the kitchen
17. took the 3 boys down the street to visit an older couple that they got to know quite well during the past 2 years.
18. came home and let the kids play outside
19. put the boys to bed and enjoyed some time cuddling with my hubby on the couch
* Oh by the way, I was outside when Warren finally went into his office. But, he told me he let out an audible “Whoa!” He was very thankful and appreciative!
Today I took the boys to the doctor and found out Ethan and Isaac have strep throat. This is Isaac’s first ever antibiotic and Ethan’s second. The Doctor walked in looking at their charts and said, “These are some healthy boys you have!” They were very good and she asked if the were always this happy and smiley. She said they all three seem to have “great dispositions.” It’s always a good feeling to get compliments on my children’s behavior. I’m just glad she couldn’t hear all the bickering in the car on the way and on the way home!
We have someone coming soon to give us an estimate on a new garage door. A few weeks ago I closed it on the hood of Warren’s truck. His truck was fine, but the door didn’t make it.
Never a dull moment around here!
We decided the blog needed an updated look. What do you think?
Warren and the boys in the water. This is Lincoln’s first time swimming.
He loved it!!!
This was Ethan’s face when I told him it was time to go. I showed it to him when we got home and he seemed embarrassed. But, this is a classic Ethan expression.
We had a fun night eating pizza and swimming with the Mabrys. The night was ended with a “race” home. They live in our neighborhood so Warren and Nathan decided to see who could get there first. They must have looked pretty funny drag racing in the YMCA parking lot…in their mini vans! We weren’t able to determine the winner since they went a different way and we drove to their house to see if we beat them…but, Nathan had the same idea and drove to our house to see if he beat us!
This picture was taken about 10 minutes after Warren came home from work. He was very tired.
Isaac was still napping…
big enough to play computer games with Daddy
too small to go to a LAN party with Daddy
big enough to write your name
too small to write anything else
big enough to have a conversation with
small enough to mispronounce several words
big enough to hold your baby brother
small enough to be held by Mommy
big enough to hang on the monkey bars
too small to reach the next rung
big enough to buckle your car seat
too small to unbuckle your car seat
big enough to be a big brother
small enough to be a little brother
Isaac you try so hard to be big! After all, you do have a big brother to keep up with. I’m glad you are only 4 and somewhere in the middle of big and small. Please don’t grow up too fast! It’s fine with me if you stay in the middle for a long time.